Interested in Surgery? Want to be a part of a fantastic committee?
Come along to the SurgSoc AGM and run for a position on committee! We’re welcoming all budding surgeons to run on MONDAY 9TH APRIL 2018.6PM
We want hardworking, enthusiastic and professional individuals to create an effective new committee for 2018-2019!
If you would like to run for a position, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Your name and phase
- A photo of yourself
- The role you are running for
- A brief summary (200 words max) of why you want to run for the role
- You must be a member of the surgical society to apply or vote!
- Membership can be bought on our website or on the day http://www.rcssheffield.co.uk/shop/
- Feel free to apply up to 2 positions!
- DEADLINE: MIDNIGHT – 6th OF APRIL
On the day you will be invited to make a short speech (max 3 mins) on why you should be elected
Here are descriptions for available positions: Any questions please feel free to email email@example.com 🙂
- President* – runs committee meetings and manages the overall running of the committee and society as a whole
- Vice President*- assists the president in his/her duties and takes over the role of president if he/she is absent
- Treasurer— chasing up expenses/ invoices/ reimbursements, applying for additional funding from the union/medsoc/external sponsors
- Secretary – writes and distributes minutes of the meetings, manages the society email account and membership database
- Academic and Anatomy coordinator – organises anatomy revision sessions, is in charge of our fanstatic mentorship programme, and coordinates academic talks, OSCE teaching and surgical teaching
- Clinical skills coordinator – organises surgical skills classes, lap skills sessions for the society and manages the equipment & supplies
- Events coordinator x2 – Organise the surgsoc events,
socials and relevant events with other societies and organisations. There are two events coordinator positions available to maximise our potential for events
- Publicity coordinator – Maintain & regularly update social media accounts, Generate publicity content for all SurgSoc news & events, Liaise with committee members (esp. events & conference coordinator) for event details
- Website coordinator – maintaining the website (plugin updates), ensuring it stays up to date (news and events) and taking notes of payments. They are also responsible for the monthly newsletter for external events.
- Conference coordinator* – in charge of organising the annual national SurgSoc conference and managing the committee throughout the planning stages as well as on the day.
- WINS and Charity Representative – is in charge of charity bucket collection, organizes bake sales, the main organiser of the Scrubs Social event and organises charity and Women In Surgery awareness events
*Starred positions require applicant to have been on committee for a year previously
Note: The roles of Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Website Coordinator and WINS and Charity Representative will have a designated supportive role (i.e. will help another member of committee who will have a bigger work load)
We look forward to meeting you!
Meet the 2017-18 Committee!